The Montana Climate Office benefits from active, regular communication with professional organizations that can contribute to or benefit from the advancement of climate information for Montana.
- Montana Water Center, Montana State University. Contact is Duncan Patton
- Montana State University Extension Program. Contact is Ron DePaul.
- Montana Watershed Coordination Council
- Montana Wetlands Council
- Montana Chapter of the American Water Resources Association
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in Montana
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Climate Change Supplementary Information Report for the Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota (2010)
- NOAA National Weather Service Great Divide Workshops for professional development
- The Center for Research on the Changing Earth System and the National Drought Mitigation Center Workshop participant on the impact of decadal climate variability on water and agriculture sectors in the Marias sub-basin of the Missouri River Basin
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) map of Regional Climate Centers (RCC)
- High Plains Regional Climate Center catalog of data products and services (supported by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration — NOAA)
- Western Regional Climate Center historical data climate summaries (supported by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration — NOAA)
- University of Washington Climate Impacts Group climate outlook