Soil Moisture Education Workshops
Two full-day workshops focusing on soil moisture measurement, technologies, and applications supporting agricultural management and drought resilience.
Both workshops will run from 9AM until 4PM.
Registration Required Using this Form:
No charge to attend — Costs covered by NIST
Lunch will be provided
Topics to be covered:
- Why measure soil moisture?
- How does water move through soil?
- How to measure soil moisture
- Applications of soil moisture measurements
- Soil moisture data from the Montana Mesonet
- Field demonstrations from technology representatives
- Breakout discussions of producer and manager needs
Open to everyone interested in Soil and Water Management
These workshops are funded by a grant from the National Institute of Standards and Technology, with organization and support from the Montana Climate Office, UM Lubrecht Experimental Forest, MSU Extension Service, Stillwater County, and Montana Institute on Ecosystems.